We are fully qualified Gas Safe engineers based in Bridgend.
We provide all aspects of gas maintenance, servicing and installation of gas appliances, as well as emergency gas services. For more information about our Gas Safe services, please see the tabs below. Don’t forget, you can find us on the Gas Safe Register.
Celteco have undertaken training with a wide range of leading manufacturers and keep up to date with all new technologies so any advice we give you is up to date.
We install our gas appliances by the book, ensuring your manufacturers’ guarantee remains intact and valid.
Here are some of the appliances we install:
• Gas boilers
• Gas fires
• Gas cookers
• Gas hobs
Manufacturers require gas appliances to be serviced annually for the period of the guarantee.
Regular servicing of your appliances is important as it ensures that the appliances are working to the specifications designed by the manufacturer and keep them within the manufacturers’ guarantee.
A gas appliance service is essential to ensure that any issues developing are discovered and dealt with quickly and efficiently at less inconvenience to yourself. It is also essential for safety, energy efficiency and ensuring you get the most out of the life of your appliance.
Appliances will always be serviced in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions. For example, in a general boiler service we would…
• Do a visual check to ensure your boiler still meets current standards
• Check the boiler fires to identify any working faults
• Remove the boiler casing to check all the main boiler components (burner, heat exchanger, main injector, spark/sensor probe)
• Check to ensure flue terminals are unobstructed and internal flue components are sealed properly
• Adjust the gas valve to check that the burner is combusting efficiently and properly (normally using a flue gas analyser)
• Check and clean inside casing surfaces
• Check boiler parts and clean if necessary
• Check gas pressure to ensure there are no leaks
• Check that the boiler casing is properly sealed
You will receive a service report that shows everything that has been done to maintain your appliance.
The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas safe engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances.
Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants. Landlords should make sure maintenance and annual safety checks of gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
By law landlords must make sure:
• pipe-work, appliances & flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition
• that all appliances & flues that they provide for tenants use have an annual safety check
• that maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by an engineer registered on the Gas Safe Register
• all gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed before re-letting
• a safety record is given to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in
• they keep a copy of the gas safety record for two years
So, if you need a professional engineer to come and carry out an inspection, or even if you just need some friendly advice, give us a call on 07730 197 036 and we will arrange a time convenient to yourself to come and carry out the certification that your property requires.
We will check the appliance is working correctly and will check the following four areas:
• Gas appliances are on the right setting and burning correctly with the correct operating pressure
• Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
• That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly
• All the safety devices are working
If you would like to arrange a suitable time for us to come and complete your gas safety check, please contact us